Life in a Shell
                     - Shell of Love

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Pit

I was trapped, chained down in a pit.
.
When I was freed, I was overjoyed. I thought to myself, finally, I can make a new start.
.
But then I realised, I am still down in the pit. How do I get out of it?
.
One way is to climb upwards, towards the blinding light.
.
The pit is deep. Not only it'll be a long way up, there are snakes and thorns, there are stones and rocks rolling down from above, there are more traps, which are more dangerous, and unavoidable.
.
There is another opening inside the pit. It doens't go upwards towards the blinding light, but it is a possible way out of the pit. I was told that it's long and winding with a lot of branches which could lead you to walk an unnecessarily long way.
.
While I am standing still here in the pit, thinking, everyone from outside is shouting "Just climb upwards already. It is the obvious way for you. For you were strong enough to free yourself from the chains of the trap, you have what it takes to reach the top. Stop thinking and just climb."
.
Little do they know, it cost an arm and a leg to struggle free from the chain, even though the chains were rusty and brittle to start with.
.
With the wounds still bleeding, I started climbing upwards under their compelling urges.
.
I raised my hands and hold onto the highest rock that I can reach. Using all the energy that I have left, I lifted myself up. Finally, I am off the ground.
.
Having been so focused on searching for a way out, I forgot what's inside the pit.
.
Underneath me, a hand stretched and grabbed my right ankle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home