Life in a Shell
                     - Shell of Love

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Important people

There are important people in our lives.
.
Our parents, partners, friends.
.
These people know us and in the same way we know them so well. We treat them preciously, we keep in contact as much as we can afford to, to let them know how important they are to us. And of course, we would be saddened if we lose them or cannot see/talk to them again one day.
.
About half a year ago I lost someone, well something, important.
.
It's my Toshiba laptop.
.
Toshiba knew me so well. On the outside Toshiba looked just as healthy as it was. But it wouldn't wake up again, it wouldn't communicate with me again. The thought of deserting it forever to gather dust, or even worse getting rid of it, churns my stomach.
.
After parting with Toshiba, I borrowed my boyfriend's Compaq temporarily. We shared joy and tears together over the past 6 months. It helped me wrote up the whole thesis and we have become such good partners.
.
But in 10 days time, we'll have to bid farewell - it's time to return Compaq to its rightful owner.
.
All these have/will become memories. And slowly, I am now building up a new friendship with my new friend CompaqII. Together with CompaqII we'll get through a lot of challenges ahead of us, and I'm sure time will be fun just as it was with Toshiba and Compaq.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home